The waist push crunch exercise is a great way to tone your core and waistline. It primarily targets the rectus abdominis, obliques, and hip flexors. This exercise is suitable for all fitness levels, and it can be done at home or at the gym. Here’s how to perform a waist push crunch exercise:
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head with your elbows out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor.
- Twist your torso to the left and push your left elbow towards your right knee while extending your left leg out straight.
- Return to the center and repeat the same movement to the right side, pushing your right elbow towards your left knee while extending your right leg out straight.
- Alternate sides for 10-15 repetitions on each side.
- Keep your movements slow and controlled throughout the exercise.
- Exhale as you crunch up and twist your torso, and inhale as you return to the starting position.
- To make the exercise more challenging, you can hold a weight plate or medicine ball on your chest.
- Avoid pulling on your neck with your hands during the exercise, as this can cause strain and injury.
- As with any exercise, if you experience pain or discomfort, stop immediately and consult with a medical professional.