The forearms are a crucial part of the upper body, and it’s essential to include them in your workout routine. The forearms are responsible for gripping, holding, and lifting, making them an integral part of many exercises. One of the best exercises for developing the forearm muscles is the wrist curl. This exercise targets the flexor and extensor muscles of the forearm, helping to increase grip strength and overall forearm strength.
To perform the forearm wrist curl exercise, you will need a dumbbell or a barbell.
Here’s how to do the forearm wrist curl exercise:
- Begin by sitting on a bench with your feet flat on the ground, and your forearms resting on your thighs.
- Hold the dumbbell or barbell in your hands with your palms facing up.
- Slowly lower the weight towards the floor, keeping your palms facing up.
- Once you’ve lowered the weight as far as you can comfortably go, slowly lift the weight back up towards your body.
- Continue lifting and lowering the weight for a set number of repetitions.
- When you have completed your desired number of repetitions, slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many sets as desired.
It’s important to remember to use a weight that is appropriate for your fitness level. If you’re just starting, begin with a lighter weight and gradually increase the weight as you become more comfortable with the exercise.
The forearm wrist curl exercise is a great way to increase grip strength and overall forearm strength. It’s an excellent exercise to include in your upper body workout routine.