The chest dip exercise is a great way to target the chest, triceps, and shoulders. It is a bodyweight exercise that requires a dip station or two sturdy parallel bars.
Here are the steps to perform a chest dip exercise:
- Start by standing between the parallel bars or dip station, and place your hands on the bars.
- Jump up and support your bodyweight on your hands, with your arms straight and your feet off the ground.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, lower your body by bending your arms until your shoulders are below your elbows.
- Push your body back up by straightening your arms, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Keep your body straight throughout the exercise, with your chest up and your shoulders back.
- Focus on using your chest, triceps, and shoulders to perform the movement, rather than just your arms.
- Breathe in as you lower your body and exhale as you push back up.
- Start with a few repetitions and gradually increase the number as you become stronger.